Introduction

My name is Ysabel Hudson Searle (candidate number 0331) and this is my Media Studies coursework blog, featuring my ongoing work. I am in Group 2, along with Harry Kettenis (0390), Matthew Romo (1660) and Joshua Stevens (0796). This is the link to our live facebook page: Group 2's Facebook Page.
You can use the labels down the side to navigate your way through my blog.
Thank you!

Music Video

Our Music Video:

Group 2 Website

Our Website - Click to enter.



Our Album Digipak

Our Album Digipak
Our Album Digipak

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Evaluation: Question 1:

Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?


As a drama student I really enjoyed all of the drama games and warm ups. I thought it was a great way to get everyone warmed up and in a more comfortable space to get into character.
I also really enjoyed the characterization work we did in our performance rehearsals. The group I was in had all of the girls whom, in the video, were models acting and posing. We spent a lot of time perfecting our 'model' walks and using various but very specific focal points, i.e. a desk or piece of paper on the wall. This helped us as a group to get into character more securely. We then worked on finding different poses - as in the music video the models are very posey, as you can see from a few examples below:


We finished this characterization exercise with a catwalk, showing off our model walks and poses. I really enjoyed this, despite our slight embarrassment.
Me in my costume on set

I also really enjoyed the costume I got to wear! It was such a fun costume paired with a really fun character and I really did love getting into my costume and character.


I wasn't performing or needed until the end of the day, so I had a lot of time to watch everything going on on set. This was really enjoyable as I got to see everyone performing in their scenes, the set ups, and as someone who would like to get into the film industry, was really interesting from that point of view too.

On set performing was also a highlight. I spent a lot of time watching the videos nervously (as you can see in the second picture), but on set was able to have fun with the character and enjoy myself. I thought that there was a very supportive atmosphere which made the whole experience really great. This was especially so for scenes where I had to put a burger in my mouth in a close-up, which I was partially dreading, but in the end was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment